Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to raise money to get my head shaved? No. Of course, our number one goal is to raise money for the Vs. Cancer Foundation, but this is also a chance to increase awareness about pediatric cancers. Our kids are incredibly lucky to have their health and to be able to come out and play baseball. Some children are not so lucky and our kids can shave their heads to demonstrate their support of those less fortunate.
- If I raise money do I have to shave my head? Absolutely not. Go ahead and make a donation to the WR team at westraleigh.vs-cancer.org and send the link out to all of your friends and family so they can help out too.
- I've decided I would like to get my head shaved. Now what do I do? If you are interested in participating in the head shaving event, please complete the form at http://westraleighvscancer.weebly.com/shaving-sign-up.html. We will add you to the list then contact you two weeks before the event to schedule your time to get shaved. Don't forget to let all of your friends and family know about the commitment you're making so they can make a donation in support.
- Do all shaving participants get a free shirt? Yes, all participants who register to get their head shaved ahead of time will receive a cotton Vs. Cancer Foundation t-shirt. The custom West Raleigh Vs. Cancer t-shirt is only available for purchase at https://323sports.com/BCQZ-WUNN/.
- How do I start fundraising for my team? Contact your team parent to get the link to your team's fundraising page or go to http://westraleighvscancer.weebly.com/team-fundraising-pages to see a list of all West Raleigh team pages. Then send that link to all of your friends and family, post it on Facebook and Twitter, and watch your team rise to the top of the leaderboard.
- I can't find my grandson's fundraising page. How do I donate to a specific team? All of the West Raleigh teams' fundraising pages can be reached from http://westraleighvscancer.weebly.com/team-fundraising-pages.html
- I own a business and would like to make a donation to be raffled off? Fantastic. Please contact Kathleen Kenney at kath.l.kenney at gmail.com.
- Where does the money go? Vs. Cancer works by the Half and Half model, meaning half of the money goes to national childhood cancer research efforts and half will go to a local community children's cancer hospital. For West Raleigh, that means Duke Children's Hospital and the Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant unit.
- Where and when will the event take place? The big event will take place on May 14, 2016 -- time TBD at the West Raleigh fields, 830 Barringer Dr, Raleigh, NC, behind the clubhouse.